Tuesday, October 7, 2014

He Was Addicted To Cocaine


My brother came to visit last month and I found out something about him. He is addicted to cocaine. I caught him using it in my bathroom. I was pretty upset when I saw him doing it. I thought he was over that phase of his life.

When he was 16 he started getting into drugs. It really upset my parents and he was able to get some help. He would use all the time and they finally put him in a treatment center. He was in there for about nine weeks which seemed like a very long time.

When he got out he seemed better but just two years later he left again. He was always so sad during that time and I wondered what was going on. He is now 25 and it seems like he still hasn't gotten his life together. I am not sure why he is having such trouble.

I know cocaine can really mess someone up. I asked him how long he had been using this time and he told me three years. My heart just wanted to break. I told him I really hoped he would get help again.

He told me he wasn't sure that he wanted to. That he had gone before and it only helped for a while. I tried to explain that he was older now and things were different. I told him that he had a better chance of success this time.

I am not sure what he is going to do. He just started a new job and I hope he doesn't lose it because of this. It is frustrating that the drugs could ruin his life in this way. I really wish there was something more I could do for him but I am not sure what it would be.

No comments:

Post a Comment